We are here to help you grow!
Grant County is ambitious about bringing in new business developments to its communities. The Growth Council and the County are successful because its leaders work hard to understand the needs of companies and work proactively to address them. Grant County knows that every project is unique and we are ready to find creative ways to meet the consistently changing demands of business.
The Grant County Economic Growth Council is your first point-of-contact to access local, regional, and state incentive programs. Please call or email our office to discuss what programs make the most sense to encourage the growth and success of your business. See below for list of some of our incentives that are available:
Incentives at a Glance
- Tax credits, tax abatement, and training grants available
- No inventory tax
- Real and personal property tax abatement, up to 10 years
- "EDGE" tax credits based on the number of new jobs created and wages
- Hoosier Business Investment Tax Credit for up to 10% of eligible major new capital investment
- 21st Century Fund with grants for commercializing innovative new technologies
- Skills Enhancement Fund for reimbursement of up to 50% of eligible work force training costs
- Headquarters Relocation Tax Credit for up to 50% of qualified relocation costs
- Venture capital investment credit
- Patent income tax exemptions
- Biofuels production tax credits
- Grants for insurance industry-related education
- Community Revitalization Enhancement Districts (CReED)
- Certified Technology Park
- Training grants
- Site assessment grants
- Energy Savings Corporate Tax Credit
- Renewable Energy Property Tax Exemption
- Alternative Power & Energy Grant Program
Single Sales Factor Apportionment
Indiana is phasing in a business-friendly, single factor business tax formula to encourage job creation and capital investment.
Local government in Grant County has consistently approved tax abatements to phase-in property taxes assessed on new building construction or the purchase of equipment for manufacturing, research and development, logistical distribution and information technology.
Grant County communities have been on the cutting edge of capturing a projected new property tax (through Tax Increment Financing) to partner with the tax payer to make the project happen.
The Grant County Economic Growth Council has dollars to encourage job creating economic development projects. This tool is designed to partially offset startup and relocation costs.